I know it’s been a while since I’ve blogged…sigh…sorry guys. I know you are all just so excited you can hardly contain yourselves! 🙂 We’ve had a lot of exciting things going on and I’m excited to share some of those things with you soon!
On to business. I’ve noticed recently that my Vendor Highlight questions have become quite randy (i.e. they’ve made their way to other blogs), so I’ve added/subtracted and tweaked my questions a bit. Today, I’m excited to highlight the talented designs of Belles and Buttercups, a floral design company in Franklin, TN. We had the opportunity to work with Devon in June of this year and were enchanted with her sweet personality and eagerness to please our sweet bride Ashley. Without further ado, Belles and Buttercups!
1. WRITE A LITTLE SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR COMPANY AND WHO YOU ARE
Belles and Buttercups was a dream a girlfriend and I have had since we were little girls. When we both got married (to guys named Jason) and started talking about having children I knew it was now or never for the business. We set-up a business plan and took our first client, and 4 years later the business does 35 weddings a year.
She returned to her par- legal job and I am now the sole owner and stay home with my daughter Addy.
2. WHY YOU DO WHAT YOU DO? WHAT MAKES YOU DIFFERENT FROM OTHER COMPANIES?
I love it, its creative and fun, and it allows me to stay home with my little girl. I am young and fresh, I have new ideas and I know ALL weddings don’t NEED to be the same!
3. FAVORITE EVENT? WHY? WHAT MADE IT SO SPECIAL?
I met a bride named Sunny at a bridal show and she hired me to do her wedding. There were 100 Boutonnieres and 70 centerpieces, 3 sprays etc….. What made it so special was during all the planning and decorating we became great friends. She challenged me as a florist and it was beautiful the day of. The Tennessean made it the front page of the living section that Sunday “Weddings that Wow”!
4. FAVORITE MOVIE? Any movie about Dance, I took Ballet, Tap and Jazz for 18 years, and was captain of the dance team at Lambuth University
5. THINGS THAT MAKE YOU SMILE? My daughter, my family and flowers!
6. BESIDES YOUR WEDDING/EVENT BUSINESS, WHAT DO YOU FILL YOUR FREE TIME WITH? Again, My daughter! 🙂
7. WHAT YOU DO ON A TYPICAL WEEKEND? FLowers, Flowers, and more Flowers, and we eat lunch with my Grandmother after Church
8. ANY ADVICE/TIPS FOR YOUR SUBJECTS/CLIENTS? Make sure when choosing a florist that you pick someone that you relate well with. Your flowers should be beautiful on your wedding day but they should also be an expression of you, and what you have pictured them looking like since you were a little girl. 9. ANY CURRENT SPECIALS OR PROMOTIONS?? I offer a free bridesmaid if you book me off a bridal show or if you mention this website, and there is a military discount for Brides or Grooms that are soldiers because I appreciate what our they do for us everyday.
Thanks so much Devon!